Here are some tips to get your space ready for homework.
- Create a space that is quiet and free from distractions. This may be a no brainier but make sure the tv is turned off and that there are no other distractions. Quiet and calm is best for focusing and studying.
Keep it decluttered
- Create a space that is inviting and bright free from clutter. Papers and other clutter make it difficult to focus.
Keep it accessible
- By providing a designated homework space for your children, you are setting the stage for success. Making sure that it is easily and readily accessible to the children ensures there are no excuses.
Keep it stocked with supplies
- Provide all of the supplies children will need such as sharpened pencils, colored pencils, pens, markers or crayons, and paper.
Keep it kid friendly
- Maintain a space that is for the children, if possible. Hang up their graded schoolwork or artwork.
Wherever you may decide to set up a homework station, dinning room table, bedroom, or desk, remember these simple tips to help your children stay focused and be succesful.